Join Robert Smallwood for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Introduction to Information Governance.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Here's some next steps…to keep you learning and developing…in your Information Governance quest for knowledge.…Stay active in the Information Governance community.…The Information Governance discipline is dynamic…and changing so continuous learning is essential.…There are new developments almost every day,…IG continues to evolve,…so continue your quest through education.…Remember Information Governance is security,…control and optimization of information.…If you're looking for more in-depth training,…go to igtraining.com and visit…the Institute for Information Governance.…
They provide classroom, online, and on-demand training…as well as consulting.…Go to edrm.net, which provides practical resources…to improve e-discovery in Information Governance.…They hold workshops and webinars as well.…This is particularly helpful if you're interested…in the e-discovery area of Information Governance.…Join the IG Initiative at iginitiative.com.…This is a vendor-based consortium,…which publishes research and benchmarking surveys…
Information governance (IG) helps organizations minimize information risks and costs while maximizing its value. IG is about security, control, and optimization of information. Learn the basic tenets of the emerging field of IG, beginning with definitions and concepts. Robert Smallwood explains the basics of IG and identifies key areas where an IG program will make a difference. He shares proven strategies, methods, and best practices for ensuring the ongoing success of your IG program.
- The definition of information governance
- The principles and best practices of information governance
- Why invest in information governance?
- The three-part IG framework
- Policies for email, social media, mobile, and cloud computing