Information governance (IG) helps organizations minimize information risks and costs while maximizing its value. IG is about security, control, and optimization of information. Learn the basic tenets of the emerging field of IG, beginning with definitions and concepts. Robert Smallwood explains the basics of IG and identifies key areas where an IG program will make a difference. He shares proven strategies, methods, and best practices for ensuring the ongoing success of your IG program.
- The definition of information governance
- The principles and best practices of information governance
- Why invest in information governance?
- The three-part IG framework
- Policies for email, social media, mobile, and cloud computing
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Robert Smallwood, and welcome to Information Governance Essentials. In this course, you'll learn to protect and leverage valuable information assets in the era of big data and colossal data breaches. I'll start by providing you some key definitions, which will help you develop information use policies. Then I'll show you some principles and best practices in IG, as well as some major failures and lessons learned. We'll see how to justify investments in information governance programs, and what benefits can be gained through them. You'll also learn the key factors for IG program success. We'll be covering information use policies for email, social media, mobile devices, cloud computing.
Now let's get started with Information Governance Essentials.