Join Robert Smallwood for an in-depth discussion in this video Benefits, part of Learning Information Governance.
- [Voiceover] Benefits of Information Governance.…Information Governance programs help…to optimize information value as well.…You reduce the irrelevant data debris,…or dark data, which is unclassified…or unorganized information and improve…the information quality by focusing…on that information that has high value.…You can leverage information because you use…business analytics and other tools…to be able to find new insights.…And you improve the cross-functional collaboration…between legal, RIM, IT, privacy and security,…and other business units.…
Information programs improve legal functions,…which are focused on minimizing legal risks and costs.…Some other legal benefits is…you're improving your legal posture,…you're better prepared, you're better organized.…Your information collection is organized…and improves your ability to protect…personally identifiable information, which you have…privacy laws that you must be able to adhere to.…Attorneys will spend more time on strategy…and less time on rote tasks,…such as combing through information.…
Information governance (IG) helps organizations minimize information risks and costs while maximizing its value. IG is about security, control, and optimization of information. Learn the basic tenets of the emerging field of IG, beginning with definitions and concepts. Robert Smallwood explains the basics of IG and identifies key areas where an IG program will make a difference. He shares proven strategies, methods, and best practices for ensuring the ongoing success of your IG program.
- The definition of information governance
- The principles and best practices of information governance
- Why invest in information governance?
- The three-part IG framework
- Policies for email, social media, mobile, and cloud computing