Join Robert Smallwood for an in-depth discussion in this video 10 principles, part of Learning Information Governance.
- [Voiceover] Information governance principles.…These provide high-level guidance for your information…governance program, they help to inform executives…of the scope of your program, as well as to help…manage the expectations of your team.…We'll present 10 information governance principles…that I've developed through research and interviews…in the course of developing this course.…First, executive sponsorship.…You'll notice that this has been emphasized over and over.…It's the most crucial element to the success of an…information governance program.…
That executive sponsor needs to have a long-term commitment.…They need to have some skin in the game,…which means that they are invested in the outcome,…and they must own the business case or the investment…justification for the program, and they also clear…obstacles for the information governance lead,…or the chief information governance officer,…as you move forward.…The second principle that's required for information…governance programs is stakeholder consultations.…
Information governance (IG) helps organizations minimize information risks and costs while maximizing its value. IG is about security, control, and optimization of information. Learn the basic tenets of the emerging field of IG, beginning with definitions and concepts. Robert Smallwood explains the basics of IG and identifies key areas where an IG program will make a difference. He shares proven strategies, methods, and best practices for ensuring the ongoing success of your IG program.
- The definition of information governance
- The principles and best practices of information governance
- Why invest in information governance?
- The three-part IG framework
- Policies for email, social media, mobile, and cloud computing