Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video The index page, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] At this point, let's add an index page…with some actual content and link to our about page.…So we'll start like we generally do…when working with content for a page…and the template for that particular page,…but do we actually have a template for the index page?…Let's open up our code editor and check.…If we go to app, templates,…we actually don't have an index page,…and that's because we don't have an index template…or even an index route.…So let's add the route, following the pattern…that we've already seen.…
In the command line, we'll run the command, Ember g.…G here is our shortcut to generate,…so Ember g route index.…Great, so we have our index template…and an index route.…Let's next add some context.…We'll open up our newly created index template…and our application at app, templates, index.hbs,…and we'll add, before the outlet tag,…a h2 that says, welcome.…
And we'll add a short little paragraph…that says, our site…let's you bookmark urls to save them.…This is obviously going to be a super interesting site.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.