Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video What is a route?, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One of the core key conceptual concepts…we need to deal with for understanding Ember is the route.…We can think of routes as roughly equivalent to a URL.…There is much more complexity here…that we'll explore more in the course, but for now…just understand that a route is the URL for the application,…and the route is where everything kicks off…for our Ember application.…What can a route do?…It could render a template.…It can load a model that is then available to the template.…It can redirect to a new route as needed,…such as if your user is not allowed…to visit that particular part of your application.…
It can handle actions that involve changing a model…or transitioning to a new route.…Let's add our first route now in our application.…We want to go to our terminal application,…and remember to navigate to our bookmarker directory.…We're going to generate a new route for the about page.…To do this we'll use Ember CLI and use the feature…that we'll use a ton throughout this course, Ember Generate.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.