Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrade your Ember.js application, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Ember.js is a fast moving framework…for the web.…This means you'll need…to upgrade your Ember application on a regular basis.…Ember follows semantic versioning strictly.…This means that every release has three numbers tied to it.…Semantic versioning follows a pattern…of having a Major.Minor. and Patch release number.…The current release is 2.6.1, Major Version two,…Minor Version six, and Patch Release one.…
The basic idea behind semantic versioning is…that the Major release will break an API…in a non-backwards compatible way.…The Minor version will only add features…if they don't break the API.…And the Patch version will only ever fix bugs…and never add to the API.…Let's explore exactly how this looks in Ember.…Ember currently has a pattern…of releasing a new stable release every six weeks.…That means you probably have a different version…of Ember than the one I used in this course…and that's fine, that's what we should see.…
There's going to be a new Minor version every six weeks.…Ember moves fast, that's what we want in a framework…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.