Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Transform models, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes our model data isn't always going…to be neat and tidy.…And we need to deal with it in different ways.…The most common is the type that you get back from your API…isn't the type you want Ember to work with.…A zero or a one for a Boolean or something similar.…We can also type our attributes.…Open up our text editor, and open up the app,…models, bookmark dot js.…We have four types that we can define our attributes as.…String, number, Boolean, and date.…
And created is a good use case of this.…The second parameter of our attr method is a hash…that accepts a default value.…We can update line 10,…to add a comma after the string date.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.