Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Test your Ember.js application, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Testing is a core part…of the Ember development cycle.…We've just skipped over that until now…to keep things easier to grasp.…Testing is the way in which we write new code…that verifies our application's code does what we expect.…There are three key ways that we'll test our application.…Acceptance testing, Unit testing, and Integration testing.…Acceptance tests verify the reality of our application…as the user sees and interacts with the application.…In essence, the Acceptance test can act as a user…and verify we can interact with the application,…and that we can click on links,…and that the correct actions take place.…
Acceptance tests will click on buttons and fill out forms.…Acceptance tests are typically written to cover the majority…of the most important core features of your application.…Unit tests are the standard tests that we'll write…to verify that an isolated piece of code,…when passed with a set of data,…responds with an expected output.…These tests are designed to test…the entirety of your application…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.