Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Start a new Ember.js project, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] We now have node.js, NPM,…and Ember.js installed on our computer.…At this point, we can actually…build a new basic Ember.js project…using the Ember CLI,…or Ember Command Line Interface.…Let's demonstrate what I'm talking about now.…In your terminal application,…navigate to the directory…in which you went to create your new application.…We can run a command, ember help,…to get information on what all…the Ember CLI can do for us.…So, run the command ember help,…and you'll see we get this big, long list…of all the different things…that Ember can do for us.…
We can also return to specific information about…a specific command…using ember help and then the name of the command.…There is a command, new,…that we want to get help on.…So, run the command ember help new.…The help information return…tells us what new does,…that it will create a new directory,…and run ember init in that new directory.…It also lists some of the options for us to use.…Dry-run, verbose, blueprint, et cetera.…
So let's use this to build our new project.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.