Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Specify route model, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Based on our last video,…what we need to do at this point…is specify a model for route.…To do that, we first need a model.…Now mirage gave us some fake models for an API to work with…but we still need an ember model to interact with.…Wanna take a guess how we'll build that model?…Ember generate to the rescue.…We'll run the command ember g model bookmark.…And with that we just generated our model.…
For now we won't worry about anything else with the model.…We just need to tell our route…to get access to this particular model.…And well, that's actually already done.…If we go back to our browser…and view the page for bookmarks edit one,…we'll see that ember has already recognized…that we have a model matching the name of the model…for the dynamic route segment…and provided us with the model.…If we look at the console,…we can see that there was a behind the scenes get request…to bookmarks one.…
Talking to our mirage API to get the record…using a get request and then our ember inspector…and clicking on the data tab,…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.