Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Render a different template, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Speaker] Now that we have a collection…of bookmark records, we should be able…to render them out using our about template.…Since that takes a collection of bookmarks…and renders out the basic information…for each particular bookmark.…To do this is actually really easy.…We have a render Template hook…in the route class that we can use…to tell it to render a different template.…To do so, open up your routes file…for the bookmarks index route…at app, routes,…at app, routes,…bookmarks, index.js.…
bookmarks, index.js.…After our model hook, we want to add a comma…on line six and add a render Template hook.…On line seven, we're simply going to call…this.render and then pass in the template…that we want to instead render.…In this case, we'll pass in the string 'about'…for the about template.…Let's go back over to our browser…and see exactly what happened.…We get our about header displayed,…but we don't see any bookmarks yet listed.…
Let's try figuring out what's going on here.…If we view in our Ember Inspector…and look at the View Tree.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.