Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Node.js, npm, and Ember.js, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we install Ember.js,…we need to first install our dependencies,…Node.js and npm.…I'm here on the ember.js guide.…It provides us information on installing Ember.…To begin with, we need to first install Node.js.…To do so, we're going to go to nodejs.org.…On the homepage, you should see a download…for the LTS version for your particular operating system.…We'll click Download,…and we'll run the package that it provides.…
At this point, we now have Node.js installed.…What we can do at this point…is we can go over to our terminal application.…We can verify that we have Node installed…by running the command node -v.…This should print out the current version…of Node installed on your computer.…At this point, we can now install npm.…To do so, we run the command npm install npm -g.…You may get this type of Error.…You may get a permission denied, unlink message.…In that case, you need to rerun the command using sudo.…
Now npm should be installed.…We can verify npm as installed by running npm,…and we should see that we get the man page…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.