Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Install an Ember.js add-on, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One of the best ways to gain new features…in your Ember application is to install Ember Addons.…Ember Addons are one of the many ways you can upgrade…the capabilities of your Ember application,…simply by installing a new addon.…There are addons for virtually any problem…you might come across: internationalization, authentication,…and even animations.…There's also tools for integrating css frameworks…like Bootstrap or Google's Material Design.…This site provides a listing of addons…for your Ember application.…
You can search for a specific problem, like auth,…and sort by the name of the addon,…the owner's name,…the score,…and even the last updated time.…The score is a rough metric from another community site,…Ember Observer, that should provide a rough idea…of how valuable and how well regarded an addon is.…The scores range from not scored to 10,…with 10 being the highest.…
Let's solve the problem of displaying dates and times…for our bookmarks being created.…To do this, we'll use the Ember Addon for Moment dot js.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.