Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Filter for multiple records, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] What happens when we need…to answer a question that we need to return…multiple records for?…This is actually a pretty easy process.…Let's build a page to return a collection of users…that are not admins,…essentially, a list of the active users on the site.…First, as always, we'll start out…with creating a new route.…So we'll run ember g route users/list-active.…Notice here, we can create a nested route…even though we have not yet created a users…or a users index route.…
We'll now open the matching generated route file…at app, routes, users, list-active.js.…We'll add our model hook as we have always…in our extend code block.…So add model() and our opening…and closing curly braces.…On line six, we'll add our normal return…this.get('store').…
After this, we need to call a method query…as opposed to queryRecord.…queryRecord returns a single record.…Query, on the other hand, says,…"Okay, go find any number of matching records."…So line six, we'll add a query…and pass in the string user for the name of the model…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.