Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore templates and Handlebars, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Together, let's begin to explore…templates and Handlebars.…Templates is the view layer in our Ember application.…Templates use Handlebars.…Handlebars is the templating language that powers Ember JS.…If you used the mustache templating library in the past,…Handlebars is almost a complete…drop-in replacement for mustache.…Handlebars, as we've already seen several times…throughout this course, uses the double curly braces…to render dynamic content.…
This is rendered when using Ember JS using data binding.…This means that if the data for the particular property…changes, the content is changed live in the template,…enhancing your browser.…You should've already seen this…at one or two points in this course.…Templates in Ember JS have a context…that provides the information…or data the template has available to itself to render.…In the vast majority of cases, the context for a template…is a component, which we haven't yet covered yet…in any great detail.…
The templates you write are typically designed…to have a minimum amount of logic.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.