Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Embjer.js and the server, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] So Ember.js is the front-end aspect…of our web application, but what about the back-end?…What about the server?…The truth of the matter is, you can use anything…with Ember data.…Ember data is the Ember add-on to handle…all of the data in our application.…Consider Ember data the layer that takes requests…to retrieve or push data to the server and handles them.…Ember data is designed to be agnostic in its treatment…of the persistent mechanism.…Typically, this means you're working with a REST…JSON-based API.…
Sometimes, however, you're working with something…entirely different, and that's just fine.…Ember data will handle it all.…So we're going to build an API in Ruby,…maybe Python or PHP or we're going to use…a new fun language like Go, or Node, or something else.…No, that's not the purpose of this course,…instead we want to focus on the Ember side of the problem.…Mirage is an Ember add-on, that let's us fake…as if we have an API server.…Mirage has a ton of features, but I want to keep…the focus on Ember, so we're going to simply…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.