Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Ember model associations, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] A common thing with the application is the need…to identify relationships between different objects.…These relationships are associations where we associate…one model with another.…And typically use an ID to key those relationships together.…Ember has three kinds of relationships, a one to one,…a one to many, and a many to many.…In short, these let you define one user is tied…to one profile, one user has many bookmarks, and many…bookmarks have many other tags.…
The belongsTo relationship defines our…one to one relationships.…We have a belongsTo relationship between say a user…and a profile.…Both models get added an association, and the type…of relationship is keyed.…The belongsTo with a corresponding hasMany relationship…defines our one to many relationships.…We, for instance, would have a belongsTo relationship…going from the bookmark to the user, as a bookmark…belongs to only one user.…And an opposite hasMany relationship going from the user…to bookmarks, as a user has many bookmarks.…
The hasMany with the corresponding has many relationship…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.