Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Ember.js helper, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Lecturer] Next, we're going to build a Ember.js Helper…which is really a handlebars helper…to wrap up the logic for displaying a bookmark title…and the about property.…You can think of a helper as a decorator layer…for our data layer.…We'll start like always at the point of using generate…to generate a new helper.…To do so, we'll run the command ember g.…Again, g stands for generate,…helper bookmark-title.…We'll see here that it creates both the actual…helper.js file in app/helpers/bookmark-title.js…and it also creates our corresponding unit test.…
We'll swap over to our text editor…and we'll open up app, helpers, bookmark-title.js.…So notice first that this defines a function…that takes a set of parameters and then returns something.…In the typical case, we'll want to return a modified string.…We can update the params to use the…deconstructing style to extract the values of the title…and the about string.…To do so, we erase params and replace it…using square brackets and title, about.…
On line four, we then want to set a local variable…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.