Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit a record, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we have the basics…of building a form and saving a new record,…let's add editing a record.…To do so, we'll add some links on the bookmarks homepage.…First, will open up the templates…for our listing of bookmarks, at app,…templates, about dot HPS.…Recall, this is where we are listing our bookmarks.…This is also the template that we see…when we are on our bookmarks index route.…Let's update, after line two, to add a link.…
So this reads as, we will call the helper link to,…pass in the route that were going to access,…in this case, bookmarks dot edit.…Next, we'll assign the data…that we want to pass to that route,…in this case, bookmark.…Then, we set the text for our link as edit bookmark,…and then we close our link to helper.…After this, we need to update our route…to load the model for bookmarks.…To do so, we'll open up app,…routes, bookmarks, edit dot JS.…
Here, we need to add a model callback like normal,…except this model callback accepts a params option,…Which is the params we pass in via the URL,…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.