Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Dynamic routes, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Dynamic routes is the way…that we can build routes that accept a URL parameter.…The most common example of this…is a URL to edit a particular router.…You need a dynamic route that accepts the parameter…of the ID in question to edit.…Now we can build the route using an option provided…in the generate route command.…To do this is a pretty easy process.…We'll run the command ember…G route,…and we're going to build a nested route for edit,…so it'll be bookmarks…forward slash edit,…and then we'll add in the option path…which is dash dash path,…and then we can define the path to that URL,…in this case, forward slash edit…forward slash…and then colon bookmark…ID.…
For the ID of the bookmark in question we're going to edit.…This colon bookmark underscore ID…is a special dynamic route pattern…using the ember convention of model name underscore ID,…which obviously, in our case, is bookmark underscore ID.…This tells ember that this is the ID for the record…with the model name of bookmark.…We can later on generate different dynamic routes…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.