Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Display a collection, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Displaying a collection…is a pretty easy problem that we've done a few times…with the use of the each Ember helper.…Let's explore the each helper in a little more detail.…First, we need a collection of users to deal with,…so we will open up a route file at app,…routes, users, index dot JS,…and add a model hook.…On line five, for our model,…we want to return the collection of users…with return this dot get store…dot find all user.…
Next, we want to open up our users index template…to deal with this collection,…at app, templates, users, index.…At this point, we can loop over our collection…using the each helper, as we've seen before in the past.…To do so, we will add, on line three,…our double curly braces, pound,…each, model, as,…and then, in pipes, user.…At this point, I want to show something new.…
We can also add in the index value for the user.…In other words, we can add in the index value…for which user this is in our model collection.…To do so, we just add a space after our user, and add index.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.