Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a nested route, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Nested routes are the ability…for us to define behavior that occurs along a subset…of an already pre-existing route.…Let's build a nested route now.…How do we do it?…Pretty easy actually.…We'll open up our terminal application…and run the command Ember g route bookmarks…forward slash new.…Notice what we're doing,…we're saying okay, along the bookmarks path,…we're going to generate a new route.…What happens at this point?…We first generate a app routes bookmarks new dot js,…and an app template bookmarks new dot hbs.…
Notice, we created new directories…for our bookmarks in both the routing folder…and in the templates folder.…So what are the benefits of this nested route?…Well, for one, we now have a URL path…that is bookmarks forward slash new.…We just added a directory that we can divide…actions for resource into.…Let's verify our route works…by visiting it in our Ember application.…Open up your browser,…and remember to have started your Ember server…and navigate to local host port 4200,…bookmarks, new.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.