Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure an Ember.js application, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Ember has a pretty easy system…to both configure your application between different…environments as well as setup your application…to provide more information to you in development.…Let's see that now.…To manage the configuration for you application,…you'll typically start in the Config directory…and the Environment file.…Open the Config, environment.js file.…Notice that this is already pre-populated for us…with some features.…We'll walk through what all this is…and enable a few of the flags, so you can see them working.…
First, we have the code that defines our environment,…including the name of our application.…Bookmarker, we have the current environment…that's passed in as an environment variable.…In our particular case, we're in…the development environment.…On line seven, we have a baseURL,…if you need your application to live…at a specific route, such as store, or blog,…this is where you could change the configuration…to have your application be served…from that particular route.…On line eight is the location type, this identifies…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.