Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Computed properties, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Computed properties are the ability for us…to define, on any Ember object, a property that is…a function that returns a value for…that particular attribute.…This is most commonly used on models, so we'll cover it now.…If we open up our user model at App, Models, User dot JS,…we can see that our user object has a first name…and a last name property.…But, commonly, what we really want is a property that…returns both attributes in a single stream.…
Computed properties is a solution to this type of problem.…To build our computed property, we first need to add…a new property,…the full name property after our bookmarks property.…At this point, what we now need to do is call a…core Ember class, so we'll call Ember dot computed.…The computed method is a Core method that's part…of the Ember class.…The computed method takes the properties to use…in a function to produce the resulting value.…
So we'll add in a string for first name, a second string…for the last name property, and then finally a function…with no parameters.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.