Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Component tests, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] In this video, we'll cover…just the very basics of testing components.…Considering components have lots of interaction,…I'm only going to touch some of the basics…of testing a component, and you'll need to follow up…in the Ember Guide for more information…into testing components yourself.…With all the caveats out of the way now,…we'll start with the Ember test server…with running the command ember test --server…in your terminal application.…After our browser is opened up,…we want to select the module…for the users list component.…
You'll see it under the Integration test…Component users list.…In this case, we're going to just verify…that the image class is properly set.…So we'll open up the module for our test…by going over to our code editor…and opening up the file at tests,…integration, components, users-list-test.…And again, we'll quickly go through what's going on here.…We add the module for the component test…on line four where we render the component…through the use of the render function on line 12.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.