Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Component properties, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Components in your Ember application…are treated as black boxes.…They are isolated from the rest of your Ember application…so they have no knowledge of the data…the rest of your application has access to.…So this means you need to pass all of the properties…the component will use directly to it.…We've already seen the basic way…of handling component properties by passing…the email address and avatar URL to a component.…Let's look at some of the other ways…to handle component properties.…First off, we can set properties from…the component module itself.…
Open up the component module,…for our users list component at app,…components,…users dash lists dot j s.…Let's add in the component and attribute…for the image class.…We'll call this attribute image class…and set it to the string avatar.…So inside of our Ember.component.extend code block,…we'll add image class colon and the string avatar.…
Next, we need to use our component property.…Our component template will have access…to the property the same way that we did…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.