Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Component events, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] One of the most useful features…of components is their ability to respond to events.…Components can respond to touch, keyboard, mouse, form,…and HTML5 drag and drop events.…Events provide for our components to no longer…be black boxes of UI in our ember application.…The component uses events to both…pass data to and from a component.…This is our data binding in our application…between that model and the view layer.…Ember components can respond to a set of touch events,…so a component can be designed to respond…when a user touches to provide feedback to the user.…
Imagine an interface that would let you touch, rotate,…pinch to zoom, et cetera on images or on a map.…The standard keyboard events permit you to, for instance,…build a live filtering list as the user is typing.…The full list of mouse events gives you the ability…to make your application respond when a user…mouses over part of your application.…The classic form events gives us the ability…to build form UIs that respond to the user.…Finally, the HTML5 drag and drop events…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.