Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a basic form, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Forms in Ember.js work in a manner…that you can probably guess at, at this point.…You build a route for some form,…the route loads in the data for the form,…then the template renders a component.…You interact with the application,…filling out the form.…You then submit that form.…The component responds to the submit…to then save the model record.…To do this, we'll first create a new component,…bookmarks edit form.…To do so, we'll open up our terminal application…and enter the Ember command Ember g,…component, bookmarks, forward slash,…edit, dash form.…
After this, we'll open up the component template…in our code editor.…Our template here is located at app, templates,…components,…bookmarks,…edit dash form.…There is a snippits.txt file included…in this lesson's exercise files.…We'll open that up.…Copy and paste the code contained there in,…and paste it in as our edit form.…A quick run through of what is going on here.…First, we have a form tag on line one,…and it has a tied action, save.…
That save is fired when we submit our form.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.