Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Build an app for production, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] This may be the easiest…video of the whole course.…Building your ember.js application for production…is as simple as running the command ember build.…But let's actually build our application…and get it deployed to the web.…To deploy to the web, we'll deploy our app…to a free site that lets us run static code, surge.sh.…If you are uncomfortable or don't want…to do this step, you can skip over it.…The process for deploying your Ember application…to a real server is going to look very similar…to what we're doing in this video.…
In your terminal application, you'll want to run…the command npm install - g surge.…In my case, I have to run this command using sudo,…so I'm going to run sudo npm install -g surge.…Next, to build our application for deployment…re-run the command ember build.…The ember build command builds our application…into the D-I-S-T directory.…
You'll notice it pops up a few JSHint warnings.…In a real application, we should go back and clean those up.…Mostly in our cases, it's dead code…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.