Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Acceptance tests, part of Ember.js Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Let's begin by adding an acceptance test…to verify that we can edit and delete a bookmark.…To begin, we'll first generate our test,…shocking I know, using ember g…acceptance-test…bookmark-delete.…Next, we'll go ahead and start our Ember test server…by running ember test --server.…
After our test server is started,…we'll want to visit our browser…to open our matching acceptance test…which right now is going to be passing…as we don't have any tests built.…We'll go over to our browser,…and from the module drop-down…we can select our Acceptance module…and the bookmark delete test.…After we've selected our module,…you can see that we have this blank white screen…down below surrounded by a box.…That box is actually our Ember application…running in a different frame.…
QUnit runs our Ember application…along with the associated test in this separate frame…to isolate our test running from the rest of the browser.…From here, there are several other options…that you can use with QUnit to give you…more precise information and feedback on your test.…
- Why choose Ember?
- Installing Ember.js and Ember Inspector
- Defining the model
- Creating nested and dynamic routes
- Loading templates with routes
- Rendering different templates
- Displaying collections
- Working with Ember components
- Building forms
- Creating, editing, and deleting records
- Configuring Ember.js applications
- Testing your Ember application
- Installing add-ins
- Upgrading an Ember application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Ember.js Basics
2. Getting Started with Ember.js
3. Our First Ember.js Application
4. Ember.js Routes
5. Ember.js Models
6. Ember.js Templates
7. Ember.js Components
9. Application Configuration
Build an app for production3m 29s
11. The Ember.js Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.