Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Zooming and navigating, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
When you're working on a photo in the I Full Edit workspace you'll often want to…zoom-in for a closer look at part of thm e photo or you want to zoom-out so you…can see the entire thing.…Zooming changes the magnification at which you are viewing an image and panning…moves the image around in the document window when you're zoomed-in close and…the image doesn't entirely fit in the Document window.…When you first open an image into the Full Edit workspace, if the image is…smaller than the Document window, it will open at 100%, otherwise it will open…at the largest zoom percentage that fits in the Document window on your display.…
So this photo that I took in the San Francisco Bay is much bigger than the…available editing space in this Document window on my monitor.…So it opened here at only 55.4% of its actual size.…You can always tell the zoom percentage because it's listed here in the Document tab.…It's difficult to see exactly how sharp or focused this image is at this odd percentage.…So I'm going to zoom-in.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.