Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with raw photos, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you shoot RAW files, you'll be happy to know that you can process them in Elements.…RAW files consist of high bit unprocessed image data from your camera sensor.…After you shoot RAW files, you need to convert copies of them to a format that…you could print or that you could open into Elements Editor for further…processing or for making creations or for sharing with family and friends.…That's all done in Adobe Camera RAW;…a separate interface and a plug-in for Elements that both converts your RAW…files and at the same time lets you control the image processing, everything…from Exposure to Contrast to Color to Sharpening.…
None of the adjustments that you make to an image in Adobe Camera RAW directly…change the pixels in the RAW files;…those remain pristine.…Your Adobe Camera RAW adjustments are just instructions about how to display a…copy of the RAW file.…So how do you open a file into Adobe Camera RAW?…If you use the Organizer to manage your photos, you open RAW files just like any…other files by selecting them in the Organizer and then going to the Fix tab,…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.