Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with catalogs, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The heart of the Organizer is its catalogs.…A catalog is like a database that contains information about your digital photos…and other media files.…Now a catalog doesn't contain the actual photos that you've taken.…Those remain wherever you decide to store them, perhaps in folders on your…computer or even off-line on external drives or DVDs.…What a catalog does contain is links to and information about your photos.…That information can include camera data like the date a photo was shot and even…what camera settings you used when you took the shot.…
It might include organizing information that you add to a photo in Elements like…Keyword Tags which we'll learn about later in the course, and star ratings.…And it includes the thumbnails of your photos and media files that you see…here in the organizer, which by the way are just copies of files and not the originals.…A catalog can store information not only about digital photos, although that's…mostly what we'll be talking about in this course, but also that video files,…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.