Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know first, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- This course about using Adobe Photoshop Elements and Lightroom together assumes that you already know the basics of using each of those two programs on their own. If you feel that you don't have a basic grasp of either Elements or Lightroom, take a look at some of the many courses on those programs that you'll find right here in the lynda.com online training library. I've recorded some courses that I think are particularly helpful for novices to either program. Photoshop Elements Essential Training covers everything you need to know to get started with Elements and Up & Running with Lightroom is a streamlined introduction to the fundamentals of Lightroom.
Even if you're experienced with Lightroom and Elements, you can always jump over to another Lightroom or Elements course in the online training library to watch a movie or two on particular topics that you want to review and then be sure to come back here to continue learning about how, why, and when to use Lightroom and Elements together.
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.