Join Steve Grisetti for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Premiere Elements?, part of Up and Running with Premiere Elements 14.
- What is Premiere Elements? Premiere Elements is the total movie makers toolkit. A complete system for taking your raw footage, whether it's from a camcorder, GoPro sport cam or smartphone and turning it into a movie that you can share with your friends, clients or the world. Developed by the same company that created Premiere Pro an industry standard in video editing. Premiere Elements includes not only a video editor but also disc authoring tools and building workspaces for packaging and publishing your finished videos.
It's quick, as well as it's expert workspace is simple and user friendly. With easy to use tools in easy to find places. With just a click or two you can split, trim or rearrange your clips. And if your lost, the program even comes bundled with a library of guided edits to show you step by step how to get things done. Premiere Elements also includes tools for creating an instant movie. As well as video story, a library of dynamic templates that guide you through the process of turning your raw footage into exciting and interesting stories.
But for more ambitious video makers, the program also runs very deep. With professional style editing workspace and dozens of effects, transitions, title templates and graphics as well as a rich library of production music in a variety of styles. Once you've finished editing your movie the program offers a built in disc authoring system. So you can create colorful, professional looking menus for your DVD's and Blu Ray disc without leaving your timeline. Finally the freshly redesigned export and share workspace will output your finished movie as a playable file for your TV, phone or other mobile device.
Or you can use to upload your video directly to Facebook, YouTube or Vimeo. In short Premiere Elements is the complete toolkit for making and distributing your movies. Affordable and easy to use and yet powerful enough to turn your home movies into entertaining, professional looking videos.
Join Steve Grisetti as he reviews the basics of editing in Premiere Elements, from adding, splitting, and trimming clips to advanced techniques for color correction, audio, transitions, and text. Plus, learn how to select the best segments from a long clip with the Favorite Moments tool, and use Guided Edit to help speed up your workflow. When the editing is complete, Steve will show how to use the Export and Share workspace to publish your project on DVD or Blu-ray disc or post it online.
- Importing and organizing media
- Adding, slicing, and trimming clips
- Using Guided Edit
- Recording narration
- Creating motion paths
- Changing video speed with Time Remapping
- Adjusting color, lighting, and audio
- Stabilizing shaky video
- Adding transitions, titles, and text
- Creating DVDs and Blu-ray discs
- Uploading videos to Facebook and YouTube