Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing thumbnails, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
One thing that makes the Organizer so useful is that it displays thumbnail…previews of my photos.…I can customize the way those thumbnails are displayed in the Organizer using…the features I'll cover in this movie.…First of all, there are several different Organizer views that I can choose from.…Those are accessed from the Display menu here.…During this course, we're using this view Folder Location view, because…that's the easiest way to access the exercise files, because they are…organized by folder.…If you've got your personal photos already organized by folder, you may like to…use this view sometimes in your personal catalog as well.…
If you've been following along, you've got a pretty good idea of how Folder…Location view works.…But just to summarize, in Folder Location view, there is this Folders list on the left.…This represents a hierarchy of all the folders and subfolders on my computer,…similar to the Windows Explorer listing on a Windows machine.…There is a scrollbar here that I can use to scroll down to the bottom of this…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.