Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing photos, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
You'll spend most of your time in the Organizer in Media view, where you can…review and manage the photos and other media files that you've included in your catalog.…When you first open the Organizer, it defaults to Media view.…And if you happen to be in one of the other views, you can always get back to…Media view by clicking the button at the top of the screen.…In this chapter, we'll look at some ways to look at photos in Media view,…starting with ways to view photo previews here.…For this movie and for the rest of the course, I'll be working with the files in…the Exercise Files catalog that I showed you how to make earlier in the course.…
In Media view, you can see previews of all the photos in your Catalog or limit…the view to just those photos in a particular album or in a particular folder,…as I've done here by clicking on this folder.…If I wanted to see all the files in this catalog, I could do that by clicking…the All Media button at the top of the Grid.…If I want more room to see my photos, I could come down and click the Hide Panel…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.