Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing metadata in the Information panel, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
An Elements Catalog stores lots of information about your photos.…The Information panel in Media view is a one-stop shop for viewing that…information and for adding new information.…Before I open the Information panel, I'll select a photo here in Media view, and…then to open the Information panel, I'll go down to the taskbar in Organizer and…I'll click the Tags Info button.…That opens the column on the right, which contains both the Tags panel…for keyword tagging, which I'll cover later in the course, and the Information panel.…
I'll click Information to see the Information panel.…The Information panel is divided into three sections.…My General section is open.…If yours isn't, then click the arrow to the left of General.…The General section displays general properties of the selected file, like its…filename, its file size, and its date.…Many of these setting are interactive, so you can add a caption here by typing…in the Caption field, or you can add notes here, or here's another place from…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.