Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing mapped photos by location, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another great way to keep track of your photos is by the places at which they…were shot, and that's what Places view is for.…You can view your photos and your video clips there by location.…You can do that for all the photos in your catalog or for a selected folder,…like the folder I've selected here in Media view.…Before I jump over to places, I want to tell you that all of the horizontal…photos that you see here were shot with a GPS-enabled camera.…In other words, a camera that embeds in the photos the GPS locations where they were shot.…
This vertical photo was shot with a non-GPS enabled camera.…When you're working with photos like the horizontal ones that have their GPS…coordinates embedded in their metadata, they will automatically appear on a…map in Places view.…So, let's jump over to Places view to see that.…I'll click the Places button at the top of the Organizer.…Here in Places view, I have a map, I can see thumbnails of all of the photos in…the selected folder, and over here, I have my Folders panel.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.