Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using tools, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Of all the features in the Full Edit workspace, you will probably use…the toolbar the most.…So I would like to share with you some tips for using the toolbar and its…tools more efficiently.…The toolbar is this double- columned item over here on the left.…If you are working on a small monitor and you need more space, you can change it…from two columns into one.…To do that, you have to move it out of the snapped position over here on the…left side of the screen.…I will click on these two thin bars at the top of the toolbar and drag over to…the right and that gives me access to this double-pointed arrow.…
If I click that, it changes the toolbar into a single column.…If you happened to click this X by mistake, that dismisses the toolbar…altogether from the screen.…I think it's a good idea to always have it showing.…So if that happens, here is how you can reopen the toolbar by going up to the…Window menu and choosing tools.…I am going to put this back to two columns by clicking that double-pointed…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.