Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using layer styles, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Another kind of special effect that you can apply to an image is a layer style.…layer styles can be applied to any layer that contains transparent pixels.…You can have multiple layer styles on a single layer and those layer styles will…be displayed around all of the content on that layer.…In this case I have two layers that contain transparent pixels.…One is the color truck layer.…I'll show you its content.…It's just the image on the right of the color truck and then I have the…filter truck layer.…This layer also contains transparent pixels.…
So it can take layer styles too.…The Background layer is completely filled with the photograph.…There are no transparent pixels on that layer.…So I can't add layer styles to the Background layer as it currently stands.…I'll start by adding some layer styles to the color truck layer.…I'll select that layer in the layers panel and then I'll go up to the Effects panel.…If your Effects panel isn't opened, you can open it from the Window menu at…the top of the screen.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.