Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Undo History, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The smartest way to undo steps that you've taken as you edit an image in Full…Edit mode is to use the Undo History panel.…I like this method of undoing over others because it helps me to keep track of…exactly what I'm eliminating and what I am bringing back as I undo and redo.…To open the Undo History panel, I'll go to the Window menu at the top of the…screen and I'm going to choose Undo History.…That opens the Undo History panel down here at the bottom of the column of panels.…It doesn't leave very much space to work with this panel.…
So I'm going to drag the panel out of this column of panels by clicking on its…tab and dragging over here, and then moving it up against that column of panels…until I see a blue line.…I'll release my mouse, and that starts a new column of panels here with just the…Undo History panel in it.…So it expands to take up the full length of the screen and that's a good thing,…because I'm going to be filling this Undo History panel with States as I work on the image.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.