Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Touch Up tools in Quick Fix, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There are some photo problems that are so common and frequent that Adobe…included some tools in the Quick Fix workspace designed specifically to…fix those problems.…The tools are located here in the toolbox.…These are called the Touch Up tools.…The first of those tools is a Red Eye Removal tool.…I'm sure you've seen red eye in some of your snapshots of people.…It's the red glow in a person's eyes that's caused by on camera flash.…The easiest way to remove that is to select the Red Eye Removal tool and then to…go up to the Options bar for that tool and click the Auto button there.…
Now keep your eye on her eyes and you'll see the red in her eyes automatically…replaced by dark gray.…If you get a result that you don't like, you can always undo it and try to…apply this tool manually.…I'll undo by clicking the Undo button at the top of the screen and her red eyes are back.…Then I'll go up to the Options bar for the tool.…Here, I could darken or lighten the gray that's used to replace the red.…In this case, I might reduce the darkness of that gray.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.