Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Timeline, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another useful way to find particular photographs in your Organizer catalog is…by date, using the Timeline.…The Timeline works best in Thumbnail View, so if you're still in Folder…Location view, switch over to Thumbnail View by going up to the Display menu…and choosing Thumbnail View.…Here in Thumbnail View, I'm going to open the Timeline by going to the Window…menu at the top of the screen and choosing Timeline.…The Timeline is here at the top of the Organizer, it's basically a bar chart…that runs from the earliest year in which I took photos and captured other media…files that are in this catalog to the latest year.…
These vertical bars represent particular months in those years.…So if I were to click on this vertical bar right here, I would see all of the…photos that I took in the month October in the year 2009.…The first of those photos flashes in green for a moment and then if I move to…the right I can see other photos taken in October of 2009.…If I go all the way back here, I see a really short bar, and that means that I…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.