Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Style Match, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There is a new feature in Elements 9 called Style Match that you can use to…quickly apply the style of one photograph to another.…Style Match is particularly useful when you start with the photograph that has a…strong style like a high contrast black and white photo, or maybe a split toned…image like the one here on the right, in which the highlights are gold, and the…dark areas are purple.…I'd like to apply that same tone to this other photo of my daughter Kate.…Before I go into Style Match to do that, I'm going to make an album that…contains the toned image.…
That'll make it easier to find that image later when I'm in Style Match.…So I'll select the toned.jpg.…Then I'll move over to the Albums panel.…I'll click the Plus symbol.…I'll choose New Album.…I'll Name the album.…I'll type kate toned.…I'll uncheck Backup/Sync.…Then I'll click Done.…Now I have a new album that contains just this single photo.…I am going to click off of that photo and click onto the photo of my daughter…Kate, which is the one that I'm going to bring into Style Match.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.