Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Smart Tags, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
In the Keyword Tags panel, you may have noticed this category Smart Tags. What's this about?…Well, if I expand this category by clicking the arrow to the left of it and…scroll down, you can see that it contains tags and subcategories related to…image qualities, like Blurred or High Contrast and In Focus.…You can have Elements automatically analyze photos or videos for these qualities…and add appropriate tags automatically to your thumbnails.…This can help you to identify technical issues in your content.…Now, some of these Smart Tags are applicable only to video and only work if you…have Premiere Elements, the video editing program installed.…
But there are also some that you may find useful for your still photos.…Before applying Smart Tags, you could have Elements automatically analyze your…photos, but that can use processing resources when you least wanted to.…So, in Photoshop Elements 9, by default, the Auto Analyzer feature is turned off.…You can see that if I go up to the Edit menu, that's the Adobe Elements 9…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.