Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Smart Brush tools, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
When you want to add an effect to just part of an image, you can use the Smart Brush tools.…They're located here in the toolbar.…I'm going to start with the Smart Brush tool.…The Smart Brush tool does two things at once.…It makes a selection much like the Quick Selection tool and it fills that…selection within effect.…As soon as I select the Smart Brush tool, this Style Picker opens from the options bar.…In this dropdown menu in the Style Picker, there are categories of preset effects.…There are Black and White effects and Color effects and Lighting effects.…
I'm going to choose the Portrait effect category and that displays this list…of Portrait effects.…I'm going to choose the Lighten Skin Tones effect and then I'll click in the…options bar to close this box.…Now I'm going to come into the image, I'll make my brush small and I'm going to…click on this foot and drag.…The Smart Brush tool goes right ahead of me selecting on the basis of color…and tone and it recognizes the edges of the foot and creates a selection all around the foot.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.