Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Folders panel, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The Organizer offers a number of intelligent ways to keep track of photos,…like the People, Places, and Events views, Albums and Keywords, all of which…I'll cover in this course.…But even with all of those intelligent options, when we're looking for a…particular photo, lots of us tend to think about just which folder it's in in our hard drive.…So, in Elements 11, Adobe has made it easier to see and work with the…folders on your hard drive from inside the Organizer.…And that's done in the Folders panel, or the My Folders panel here in the Organizer.…
Before we look at this panel, I'd like to take you out to my hard drive to see…how I've arranged some actual folders there.…And then we'll come back into the Organizer to see how that arrangement looks…in the Folders panel here in the Organizer.…By the way, for this movie, I've switch from the Exercise Files catalog over to…my catalog so you can see what the Folders panel might look like if you've taken…the time to get your actual photos well organized on your hard drive before…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.