Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Find menu, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The Find menu at the top of the Organizer offers lots of options for searching…for files in the Organizer.…Let's take a look at some of these options.…The first, Set Date Range allows me to find files that I captured within…a certain date range.…If I click that option, I get this alert, which is telling me that I can't use…this option here in Folder Location view.…So I'm going to click Yes, and that automatically switches me back to Thumbnail…view in which I can see all of the thumbnails in my Organizer.…Now here I can type in a range of dates.…
So I'm going to type in for the year 2009, I will leave month and day at…January 1, and here I'll also type in 2009 and month, I change to January and…I'll leave day at January 31.…So I am looking for files that were captured between January 1 and January 31, 2009.…I'll click OK and in a moment, Elements return the answer to my search.…Now I am going to go back up to the Find menu and if I want to clear this…search, I will clear the date range and all of the thumbnails are now back in view.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.